LifeStraw is the most advanced personal water filter available today. LifeStraw surpasses EPA guidelines for E. coli, Giardia, and Cryptosporidium oocysts, rigorous standards for water filtration.
Eartheasy is the official wholesale distributor and retail launch partner for LifeStraw, which as of September 2011 is now available for US and Canadian customers to purchase. Since 2005, LifeStraw has been used in developing countries to assist in achieving the United Nations’ Millennium Development Goals for clean drinking water. We’re excited to help launch this useful product in North America.
Features & Benefits
- Filters up to 1,000 liters (264 gallons) of water
- Removes 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction)
- Removes 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites (>LOG 3 reduction)
- Reduces turbidity, filtering down to 0.2 microns
- Ultralight: weighs only 2oz!
- Contains no chemicals (and is BPA-free), uses no batteries, has no moving parts
- Very high flow rate
- Easy to clean
- Very durable
- Used worldwide in harsh conditions since 2005
- Award winning & internationally recognized
- 1 year warranty
What LifeStraw removes/filters:LifeStraw filters down to an incredible, 0.2 microns in size! This removes virtually all the bacteria (99.9999%) and protozoa (99.9%) from contaminated water, and reduces turbidity (muddiness) by filtering out suspended particles.
Bacteria removed include:
- Escherichia coli,
- Vibrio cholerae,
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa,
Protozoa removed include:
- Giardia lamblia ("Beaver Fever")
- Cryptosporidium Parvum
- Entamoeba histolytica.
- Length: 9 inches
- Width: 1 inch
- Weight: 2 ounces
- Construction: durable plastic. Does not require replacement parts or batteries, or any chemicals.
- Capacity: filters up to 264 gallons (1000 liters) of water.
- Shelf Life: 5 years when stored at room temperature. (Product package may state shelf life of 3 years, but this will be corrected on newer packaging. The actual shelf life is 5 years.)
- Included: Comes with a lanyard, and a cap for the mouth piece and end piece
How to use:The patented LifeStraw is a small tube with specialized filters inside. Place one end in unfiltered water (a glass, water bottle, river, or puddle!), and suck the resulting clean water up through the top. Anyone who can use a drinking straw can easily use a LifeStraw.
LifeStraw for Travel & Backpacking:Because the LifeStraw is so small and lightweight, it’s great for travel overseas in countries with unreliable drinking water. If you’ve ever been sick while travelling, you know the importance of drinking filtered water! Make sure to drink all water through the LifeStraw.
LifeStraw for Hiking & Camping:Access to clean water is critical while hiking. LifeStraw accomplishes the same thing as other filters, but does it at just a tenth of the weight. If you’re ultra-light hiking, this is a must. At only 2 oz, it’s the lightest way of filtering water while on the go. If you consume the recommended 3-4 liters of water per day while hiking, LifeStraw will last you for between 250-330 days of hiking. If you’re in a rush, there’s no need to stop and filter water by the lake. Just scoop your water bottle full, and sip from it as you walk. Or, dip the end of the straw right into the lake and drink until you’re hydrated.
As a hiking or camping water filter, the LifeStraw provides great convenience. A purifier or pump filter is great, but it takes a fair amount of time to wait for the purification or filtering to complete. Instead, experience the convenience of drinking directly from the water source using your LifeStraw. Perfect when you are hiking, or relaxing around camp.